Thursday, February 10, 2011

Eleanor de Castilla, My Connection to Spanish Nobility

Eleanor de Castilla, My Connection to Spanish Nobility

by Craig Hamilton on Sunday, January 2, 2011 at 4:45pm

Edward I 'Longshanks', King of England was born on 17 June 1239 at Westminster Palace, Westminster, London, England.3 He was the son of Henry III, King of England and Eleanor of Provence. He was baptised on 21 June 1239 by Eudes, the Pope's legate.4 He married, firstly, Eleanor de Castilla, Comtesse de Ponthieu, daughter of Fernando III, Rey de Castilla y León and Jeanne d'Aumale, Comtesse de Ponthieu, on 18 October 1254 at Abbey of Las Huelgas, Burgos, Castile, Spain.5 He married, secondly, Marguerite de France, daughter of Philippe III, Roi de France and Marie de Brabant

The following shows my direct descent from Edward I and Eleanor of Provence

Edward I

Edward II

Edward III

Lionel duke of Clarence and Elizabeth de Burgh

Philippa Edmund Mortimer 3rd Earl of March

Roger Mortimer 4th Earl of March and Eleanor Holland

Anne Mortimer and Richard Earl of Cambridge

Richard duke of York and Cecilia Neville

Edward IV

Henry VII and Elizabeth of York

James IV

Catherine Stewart and James Douglas,3rd Earl of Morton

Lady Margaret Douglas

Claud Hamilton 1st Lord Paisley

James Hamilton, 1st Earl of Abercorn

Sir George Hamilton 1st Baronet, of Donalong

James Hamilton Groom of the Chamber to Charles II

Sir James Hamilton 6th Earl of Abercorn

James the seventh Earl of Abercorn, Lord Paisley

Hon. John Hamilton/Sgt. John O Hamilton Sr. in American Revolution

David/Jacob Hamilton

Levi Weirick Hamilton

William Newton Hamilton

Harry Hamilton

Howard Hamilton

Craig Hamilton

This is the first time I have written a note/blogged on my connection to Spanish nobility. However, it is not that I only have Spanish nobility, but also, England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Persian, etc. It is more that Spain and Spanish nobility seemed to be strangely missing from my family tree. The point of this blog is the suggestion that all nobility is related, and is the tribe of Judah. So, this presents a huge amount of work for me, as now I should tie this ancestry in with a Biblical ancestry, no easy task.

· · Share · Delete
    • Craig Hamilton In fact, through inbreeding I know that I am of direct descent from her in three lineages.
      January 2 at 4:51pm ·

3 comments:

  1. I flubbed this ancestry. I am not a direct descendant of Henry VII. However, so far as I know the other two lineages are correct, so the premise remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope the other two are incorrect as well. Each of them contains Henry VII and he is not my ancestor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I probably don't even belong to the Hamilton clan.

    ReplyDelete