Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kaballah: Two Loved Wives – Intellection and Speech/Kingship


Kaballah: Two Loved Wives – Intellection and Speech/Kingship

by Craig Hamilton on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 11:02pm
Kaballah: Two Loved Wives – Intellection and Speech/Kingship
Below is my commentary on Likutei Amarim chaper 45 by the Alter Rebbe andhttp://www.chabad.org/379346/

Rachel is malchut of atzilut representing royal extroversions of feminine vibe (and speech), as from the king comes feminine speech. Jacob prefers speech that wins favor of the majority (Rachel) to intellectualism (Leah), as intellectuals are few. Does Torah say one can’t love both intellection and speech in malchut? Does not Jacob come to love Leah too (Genesis 29:32)? I would say that he probably eventually did. Thus, chronologically, it seems that only when Jacob is younger that he first does not love intellection, and that this is only a normal life cycle, when speech/popularity/Rachel is the original source of the Jewish souls, but that eventually it is possible to come to love both speech and intellection. The penalty for marrying sisters might be nakedness, but in my case nakedness of my mind. It doesn’t seem shameful. If I had to choose one, though unpopular, I’d pick intellection. However, there is no other job I’d rather have than king.

No comments:

Post a Comment