Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prices on Cigarettes

Prices on Cigarettes

The price on cigarettes is outrageous. $9 a pack some places. Instead of going up again, it should go down. There is no need to sell more tobacco, but cigarette companies do not need more money. People are broke. The least thing in life they might enjoy is being able to smoke. On the other hand, more people will quit, but who cares? Yeah, there is lung cancer, but there is also no shortage of people. The world population has skyrocketed over the past few hundred years and our planet does not have the resources to sustain us. Eventually, we will run out. It is inevitable that we return to third world living for this reason.

If someone wants to smoke, then fine by me. Death and dying is a way of life. As Metallica says, “I was born for dying.” Europeans tend to see more clearly on this issue. Americans do not. Typical Americans are for prolonging life at all costs. That is foolish. Most everyone knows that it is quality over quantity, and that goes for lifespan as well. We all die anyway. So what is the point of life, but to enjoy it while it lasts, lifespan aside?

I smoke. In fact, I roll my own cigarettes these days. It is much more inexpensive. Likewise, filters do not add to my smoking experience. People say yeah, you might get lung cancer and yeah I might. So what if I get lung cancer? I say, “If I get lung cancer, then let me die.” Jeepers, I am only one person and if I am gone, then I will not have anything to reflect on for it. That is I will be dead. Some people might miss me, but I will not be here to know that. That must be better than knowing that you are the only one left from your generation. If you live long, then you get to witness the death of all your friends and be lonely. If you die young, then you die without knowing any different. Dead people do not know life experiences missed for careless behavior. I say, “If you like to smoke then do it,” as you only have one life. If you only have one life to live, then you might as well make the best of it. I declare, “Cause when your life is ____ and you haven’t got much to lose: awww slaughterama,” as I am going to see GWAR in Boston in a few days. Seriously, when do we have a lot to lose, such that we stuff our values in our ass and do not act how we please? Therein lays the core value of an anarchist, simply acting how one pleases.

No comments:

Post a Comment